Intervention PRINT book
Quantity in Basket:None
Shipping Weight:1.50 pounds
This is the PRINT book version that INCLUDES the downloadable audiobook at no extra charge.
You'll get the audiobook digital download immediately, and the print book will ship the following business day.
Intervention is available in the following formats: in print, in ebook, in audio book, in dvd and in downloadable video.
Intervention: Course Corrections for the Athlete and Trainer
by Dan John
6x9, paperback, 270 pages, indexed
You have two choices
- Be lucky enough in middle school, junior high or high school to be taught basic body movements and step-by-step instructions in the Olympic lifts, powerlifting, mobility, flexibility, kettlebell training & tumbling
- Apply Intervention
For most of us, it's option two.
"Even if you find the right answers, what good will it do if you were asking wrong questions? Dan John poses unexpected questions every athlete and strength coach should ask himself--and brilliantly answers them. Intervention is the perfect companion to Easy Strength."
~Pavel Tsatsouline, Chairman, StrongFirst
Here are the answers, but the questions are the real keys--
- Strength training for lean body mass and joint mobility work trump everything else.
- Fundamental human movements are... fundamental.
- Standards and gaps must be constantly assessed.
- The notion of 'park bench' and 'bus bench' workouts must be applied throughout the training lifetime.
- Constantly strive for mastery and grace.
I've always said the greatest compliment to a coach is to say he gets it. Dan John really gets it...and knows how to put it on paper.
Read and enjoy.
~Michael Boyle, Strengthcoach.com
I love Dan John's back-to-basics yet progressive approach, his coupling of the physical and spiritual dimensions of training, his attention to detail and his ability to help push us to find our inner limits.
~Todd Durkin, ToddDurkin.com