Iron Tamer Breathing Drills – Dave Whitley Breathing – Breathing Assessment and Drills
In this discussion of breathing, IronTamer Dave Whitley provides first an overview of the breath, then covers three basic breath drills to teach how to regain diaphragmatic breathing. You’ll learn crocodile breathing, power breathing and recovery breathing, and be able to use these tools immediately.
“The single most important thing you’re going to do, that I’m going to do or any of us are going to do is to breathe. Successfully completing any other activity we attempt at any given time is 100% contingent upon us successfully completing the activity of breathing.” ~Dave Whitley
• The Single Most Important Thing (3:55)
• Anatomy of Breathing (7:10)
• External Respiration: Diaphragmatic vs. Costal (8:25)
• Conscious vs. Unconscious Breathing (13:10)
• Crocodile Breathing (15:30)
• Carryover/Progression (18:50)
• Power Breathing (22:00)
• Power Breathing Steps (28:15)
• Recovery Breathing (30:05)
• Final Stage (36:00)
• Summary (38:05)
David Whitley is a Master RKC Instructor, CK-FMS and a professional performing strongman. He is the author and presenter of four strength DVDs, which you can learn about on his website, irontamer.com , where you’ll also find his strength feat videos and his commentary blog.