Functional Movement Systems:
Applying the Model to Real Life Examples
Gray Cook FMS Video — Gray Cook Using the Functional Movement Screen — Gray Cook Introduction to FMS
by Gray Cook
with Brett Jones
- know how to coach specific exercises, but aren’t always sure how to PICK the right exercises for your clients
- want to learn how to correctly screen clients across a wide variety of backgrounds so you can establish a baseline and build a corrective strategy
- are familiar with the Functional Movement Screen (FMS), but are looking for a greater understanding of how to apply it correctly with your clients and use it to develop programming unique to each person
… then you’ll love this presentation by Gray Cook and Brett Jones.
In Functional Movement Systems: Applying The Model To Real Life Examples, Gray Cook and Brett Jones will speed you through the learning curve and show you how to apply the FMS like a veteran.
They explain the important concepts behind the FMS. But where you’ll really find the most value is when they pick people from different backgrounds, take them through the FMS screen, and then make corrective and programming recommendations—explaining each step and their thought process along the way.
Here’s just SOME of what Gray and Brett go through in the DVD—
- What the Functional Movement Screen is, including its purpose and limitations
- Mistakes people make when training and coaching
- The seven FMS tests: how to perform them, what each test identifies, what order you should conduct them, how to score the tests, and how to interpret the scores
- Which order you should address issues identified in the FMS tests
- Corrective approaches covering the age spectrum of fitness clients, post-rehab clients and athletes of all levels, including:
- A female triathlete who scored ‘1s’ on the straight leg raise and trunk stability pushup.
- A martial artist and powerlifter who has an asymmetry in the hurdle step
- A Highland Games competitor, strength coach and personal trainer who has an asymmetry in the rotary stability test
- A person with a flat foot and a partial clubfoot, who scores ‘1s’ on the inline lunge, active straight leg raise, and trunk stability pushup tests
- 50+ year-old woman who has an asymmetry in the shoulder mobility and in-line lunge test
- The one time you SHOULDN’T correct an asymmetry
- and much more
If you want to see masters of the FMS conduct screens and recommend corrective strategies with real people and explain the whole process as they go along, get Gray Cook’s Functional Movement Systems: Applying The Model To Real Life Examples today.
You’ll walk away with a clearer understanding of how to use the FMS with your clients. You’ll be better able to identify issues, use the screen results to systematically tackle those issues with corrective strategies, and use it to improve your athletes performance without compromising their safety.
Get Your Copy Today
4-disc, ~4-hour DVD set
Here’s a playlist of sample clips:
In addition to the high-quality edited video recording of the presentation, you’ll get—
- Full Audio Recordings of the presentation in MP3 format
- Full Transcripts of the presentation in PDF format
- The Presentation Slides in PDF format
- Gray Cook: Examples of Self-Limiting Activities—a 1-page PDF
- FMS Score Sheet—a 1-page PDF
- FMS Scoring Criteria, Score Sheet & Verbal Instructions—a 13-page PDF
- Functional Movement System Principles—a 4-page PDF
- Examples of Self-Limiting Activities—a 1-page PDF
- Video clips from the presentation
- Chop & Lift Half-Kneel
- Front Squat
- Hamstring Trigger Release
- Hip Trigger Release
- Loaded Stick Stretch
- RNT Squat
- Tap Mat Example 1
- Tap Mat Example 2
- Valgus Stress
PLUS more bonuses only when you buy from On Target Publications!
- Phil Plisky: Implementing Testing and Screening—a 13-minute MP3 audio recording accompanied by a 7-page PDF transcript
- Brett Jones: The Functional Movement Screen, Common Errors or Misperceptions—a 20-minute MP3 audio recording accompanied by a 5-page PDF transcript. Normally $2.95 on MovementLectures.com
- Gray Cook & Kelly Starrett: Baseline Movement Standards and Screening—a 15-minute MP4 video
If you want to see these masters of the FMS conduct screens and recommend corrective strategies with real people and explain the entire process, get Gray Cook’s Functional Movement Systems: Applying The Model To Real Life Examples today.