by Gray Cook
Here's What You Need to Know
Despite the popularity of functional exercise, many trainers and corrective exercise specialists are still unsure about the details of when, how and which functional exercises to use with their clients.
And because of this, they fail to maximize the limited training time their clients have, and fail to help them improve as quickly as they could.
In Key Functional Exercises You Should Know, Gray Cook will show you how to use the right exercise to get results for your clients, in less time and with less work. He’ll bring clarity for you about the corrective hierarchy.
He’ll show you what he considers the key exercises that stand out in a library of functional exercise options, and will show you when to use them and how to modify them for your clients.
Get Results Quickly With These Three Key Functional Exercises
In the DVD, Gray will explore—
- His three key functional exercises: the chop and lift, the Turkish getup, and the deadlift
- The hierarchy of these exercises: which to work on first for the quickest results
- Gray’s favorite regressions and progressions on each exercise, and when to use each
- The subtle verbal coaching cues he uses to maintain correct alignment and stability through the movements
- What most people do incorrectly on the movements and how to coach and correct them (he coaches these in live demonstrations)
- and much more
You’ll walk away knowing how to use these key exercises as functional and corrective tools with your clients, and will never again be stuck using ineffective corrective exercises that don’t actually help your client improve.
You’ll have a deeper level of understanding of why and how these exercises work, which to use in each specific case, and how to modify the exercises to change the difficulty level or target area.
Don’t be left clueless about which functional exercises to use. Let Gray Cook show you the key functional exercises that will have your clients performing better in less time.
Get Your Copy Today
This DVD set is 3 discs, 180 minutes
Here's a playlist of sample clips:
In addition to the high-quality edited video recording of the presentation, you’ll get—
- Full Audio Recordings of the presentation in MP3 format
- Full Transcripts of the presentation in PDF format
- The presentation slides in PDF format
- Workshop Manual—a 56-page PDF
Video demonstrations of the exercises from the presentation in MP4 and QuickTime format
- Heavy Getup
- Double-Leg Double-Kettlebell Deadlift
- Double-Leg Single-Kettlebell Deadlift
- Half-Kneeling Chop
- Half-Kneeling Lift
- Naked Getup
- Single-Leg Chop
- Single- & Double-Kettlebell Deadlift
- Single-Leg Lift
- Single-Leg Single-Kettlebell Deadlift
- Tall-Kneeling Chop
- Tall-Kneeling Lift
- Turkish Getup
- Michael Boyle’s Advances in Functional Training Excerpt: The Joint-By-Joint Concept —a 3-page PDF
- Gray Cook: Expanding on the Joint-By-Joint Approach—a 7-page PDF
- Gray Cook: Examples of Self-Limiting Activities—a 1-page PDF
- Gray Cook: Early Perspectives on Functional Movement Systems—a 3-page PDF
- Gray Cook: The 10 Movement Principles—a 12-page PDF
- Gray Cook: A Glimpse into a Better Future—a 2-page PDF
- Gray Cook: Damn Detours—a 2-page PDF
- Gray Cook: Function—a 9-page PDF
- Gray Cook: On Seeds and Soil—a 2-page PDF
- Gray Cook: A New Look at Movement—a 2-page PDF
- Gray Cook: The Chop & Lift…Anywhere—a 3-page PDF
- Gray Cook: Introduction to the Chop & Lift—a 6-page PDF
- Gray Cook: Maintain the Squat, Train the Deadlift—a 7-page PDF
- Gray Cook: Organic Exercise—a 2-page PDF
- Gray Cook: The Chop…For Power—a 4-page PDF
- Gray Cook: The Chop & Lift…Continued—a 4-page PDF
- Brett Jones: Corrective Exercise Essentials—a 13-minute MP3 audio recording accompanied by a 3-page PDF transcript. Normally $2.95 on MovementLectures.com
- Gray Cook: Developing A Movement Philosophy—a 43-minute MP3 audio recording accompanied by a 11-page PDF transcript. Normally $4.95 on MovementLectures.com
- Gray Cook: Self-Limiting Exercise—a 30-minute MP3 audio recording accompanied by a 7-page PDF transcript. Normally $4.95 on MovementLectures.com
- Lee Burton: Core Testing and Assessment—a 37-minute MP3 audio recording accompanied by a 10-page PDF transcript. Normally $4.95 on MovementLectures.com
- Lee Burton: The History of the Functional Movement Screen—a 22-minute MP3 audio recording, accompanied by a 6-page PDF transcript
- Phil Plisky: The Development of the Y Balance Test—a 13-minute MP3 audio recording, accompanied by a 3-page PDF transcript
PLUS more bonuses only when you buy from On Target Publications—
- Gray Cook: What’s the Big Deal About the Toe Touch?—a 48-minute MP3 audio recording, accompanied by a 9-page PDF transcript
- Dan John: Intervention Audiobook, Chapter 21—Chapter 21 of Intervention, an audiobook. A 7-page PDF
- Brett Jones: Strength for Success—an 18-minute MP3 audio recording, accompanied by a 5-page PDF transcript
If you want your athletes and clients to maximize their training time and make improvements as quickly as possible, let Gray Cook show you how to use the key functional exercises they need to perform at a better level.