Lorimer Moseley on Pain Research
Pain is a huge problem.
It affects one in five people, and western societies spend almost as much on the treatment and management of pain as they do on diabetes and cancer combined.
Chronic pain can cripple, and ruin lives—not only of the sufferer, but their family and their careers.
Pain stops people from participating in the activities they love, can have devastating financial consequences, and can create constant agony for its sufferers that often lasts for years.
Confusingly, pain can often linger, or even spread, long after an original injury has healed, or has been resolved.
Despite being such a widespread and crippling problem, many pain sufferers fail to find a satisfactory explanation and treatment for their pain and end up having to put up with it.
Most chronic pain patients are stuck in a medical system based on an outdated understanding of pain and pain management. Because of this, they often don’t get the proper diagnosis or treatment that takes into account the multiple systems and factors that make up the pain.
Professor Lorimer Moseley is one of the top clinical researchers of pain, and has dedicated his life to understanding why things hurt, why they keep hurting, and how we can better prevent and manage chronic pain.
He has sought to develop evidence-based treatments that work in the real world, and that target the real cause of pain and factor in the multiple factors involved.
In his presentation, Pain, Lorimer will provide you with a current state-of-the-art, scientifically backed, straight-forward science on how pain works. You’ll learn what you need to know and do to manage it, and how to help your patients recover normal function.
Understand Pain & Help Your Patients Get Their Lives Back
In this 140-minute DVD, Lorimer will explore—
• The traditional yet erroneous understanding of pain
• How pain actually works: the concept of neurotags that integrate the last 50 years of experimental and clinical pain research
• The cortical body matrix theory: a model for understanding research from the last 5-10 years on chronic pain disorders
• and much more
Lorimer has authored or co-authored three books on pain, and published more than 140 journal articles on the subject.
In this presentation, he takes complex, cutting-edge scientific information and translates it into an easy-to-understand, coherent framework for practitioners who work with people suffering from pain.
You’ll walk away from this presentation with a modern understanding of how pain works, the factors that make up pain. You’ll learn strategies and frameworks to build better treatments to help get your patients back to normal and free of pain.
Get Your Copy Today
Here’s a playlist of sample clips:
In addition to the high-quality edited video recording of the presentation, you’ll get—
• Full Audio Recordings of the presentation in MP3 format
• Full Transcripts of the presentation in PDF format
• The presentation slides in PDF format
• Clickable link listing—a 10-page PDF of Lorimer Moseley’s research on pain
PLUS more bonuses only when you buy from On Target Publications—
• Sue Falsone: The Cervical Thoracic Junction—a 40-minute MP3 audio recording, accompanied by a 7-page PDF transcript. Normally $4.95 on MovementLectures.com
• Joe Heiler & Gray Cook: Meaningful Impairments—a 37-minute MP3 audio recording, accompanied by a 9-page PDF transcript. Normally $4.95 on MovementLectures.com
• Charlie Weingroff & Robert Butler: A Systematic Model for Rehabilitation—a 44-minute MP3 audio recording, accompanied by a 10-page PDF transcript. Normally $4.95 on MovementLectures.com
If you want to understand, treat and manage pain more effectively in your patients so they can get back to doing the things they love, get Lorimer Moseley’s well-researched and easy-to-understand presentation on pain.