Mike Boyle Functional Training and Techniques for Coaches, Personal Trainers and Athletes
For Coaches & Trainers Looking for a Safer, More Effective Way to Train
Over the past thirty years, Michael Boyle has coached athletes in every major collegiate and professional sport. His clients have come from the MLS, MLB, NHL, NFL, PGA, Olympic teams and many others.
He has the rare qualities of being both a free-thinker and a practical coach. These two qualities have given him the ability to take complex theories and unlock them in the real world for the benefit of his athletes.
In Advances in Functional Training, Mike unveils the insights he’s learned about training athletes in all major sports, from the junior level, all the way up to the professional level.
Advances in Functional Training is a comprehensive guide that brings together a volume of information on current athletic training trends, strength coaching and concepts. Inside you’ll get the latest insight from a top coach who’s spent decades carefully thinking about and testing better ways to train his clients and athletes.
This book contains Mike’s systematic approach to performance training programs, and will give you greater confidence in creating exercise programs that unlock better performance from your clients.
In Mike Boyle’s Advances in Functional Training, You’ll find many ideas and approaches to help you tailor programs to meet specific needs and to get superior results.
Most importantly, you’ll learn the ‘why’ behind his ideas so you know when to use certain ideas and how to put them together into a logical program that works.
In Advances in Functional Training, you’ll learn how to—
- Reduce and prevent common problems like low back pain, knee pain, neck and shoulder pain by identifying compensations, improving mobility and flexibility and focusing on movement patterns
- Minimize the risk of common injuries like lifting-related back injuries, tendinitis, upper-body injuries, ACL injuries and sports hernias
- Unlock greater power and performance by learning how to properly train the hips and core
- Help your athletes stay in top shape all season long with the right conditioning methods in the preseason, offseason and inseason
- Develop explosiveness to improve forty-yard dash times and overall game speed
- Select the right equipment for your gym room—Mike gives his recommendations of the equipment you do and don’t need to improve strength, conditioning and overall athleticism
- Select the right exercises for your athletes—Learn to pick the exercises that have the biggest payoff and minimum risk
- Build safer, more effective programs for your athletes—Mike provides insight into how to program for speed, power, strength, hypertrophy, and more. He even gives sample programs and templates so you can see how he puts programs together, so you can go from there to build your own.
… and much more.
Whether you train elite athletes looking for an extra edge in performance without compromising safety… or everyday men and women looking to maximize their time in the gym so they can enjoy their life outside of it…
If you’re a serious coach or trainer always looking for a better and safer way to train the people you work with, Advances in Functional Training is a “must have” resource to add to your library.
This is one of the few fitness books you’ll come back to again and again as you train your clients and seek to give them every advantage you can.
Get Your Copy Today
If you’re a serious coach or trainer looking for a better and safer way to train the people you work with, add Advances in Functional Training to your library to learn how a top coach develops programs for his clients and athletes.
In addition to Advances in Functional Training, you’ll also get these exclusive On Target Publications bonuses—
- Dan John, A Concept Approach to the Fundamental Human Movements—a 37-minute MP3 audio recording, accompanied by a 7-page PDF transcript and a copy of the presentation slides
- Michael Boyle: Functional Coaching Reader—a 57-page PDF book featuring 50 Michael Boyle articles from the StrengthCoach.com archives. Normally $19.95.