Functional Movement Screen – Using the FMS in groups – Exercise Programming for Groups
This lecture speaks to using the Functional Movement Screen in a bootcamp or group fitness setting on the front end with new and existing clients, how to interpret the FMS scores, how to implement the FMS correctives in your workouts, and how to gain referrals from using the FMS.
“Group classes are here to stay—the boot camps, the group fitness classes and the kettlebell classes. They’re all here to stay simply because it’s a way for people to get in good shape. They have expert instruction, at a lower price point. When you add in the social aspects of motivation and working out with others, it’s a perfect way to get started instead of than just a personal one-on-one training session.” ~Mark Snow
• Background (1:00)
• How to Implement the Screen (4:20)
• Keeping Track of Scores (10:05)
• Looking at the Big Picture (12:15)
• Applying the Model in a Class (13:30)
• Following up with your Clients (15:45)
• Networking & Referring Out (19:00)
• Problem with Group Fitness Settings (23:35)
• Advice from Alwyn Cosgrove (25:50)
Mark Snow is a certified athletic trainer who has worked with groups in baseball and university settings, as well as in the facility he and his wife Nikki own, where they specialize in group kettlebell classes. You can find him at SGHumanPerformance.com.