Mike Robertson Fitness Business – Personal Training Business – Opening a Gym
In the years since opening IFAST, Mike Robertson has learned what it takes to be successful in the fitness business. Here he provides his 20 top tips for you to use and adapt to open your own profitable gym or training facility, or lift your existing business out of the stresses of month-to-month existence.
“When you open a gym, look for a niche—you have to be something to somebody. When you’re trying to be something to everybody, that’s where you fall through the cracks. You can’t be everything to everybody.” ~Mike Robertson
• Don’t Start a Business Fresh out of School (4:50)
• Great Training vs. Great Business (6:50)
• Pay for Staff Continuing Education (9:05)
• Know Your Numbers (10:25)
• Your Best Lead Generation Source (14:15)
• Incentives (16:10)
• Don’t be Cheap, but be Awesome (18:35)
• Find a Niche (21:30)
• Make Your Business Work for You (24:00)
• Read The E-Myth (26:00)
• Offer a Trial (27:20)
• Marketing Tips (30:00)
• Dial in Your Referral System (32:35)
• In-Services (34:25)
• Last 3 Important Tips (35:45)
After over a decade in the fitness field doing research and training clients, in 2008 Mike Robertson teamed up with Bill Hartman to open IFAST, an Indianapolis training facility that has been growing monthly since opening. You can reach him through robertsontrainingsystems.com and IFAST.com.
There are no reviews yet.