Injury Prevention for Hockey – Strength and Conditioning for Hockey – Anaheim Ducks Strength Program
This lecture is an overview of the training program Sean Skahan designed to strengthen and condition the Anaheim Ducks hockey players, while at the same time contribute as much as possible to injury prevention. He also discusses research, as well as the changes in programming he seen and made in the past 10 years.
“Our role as a strength and conditioning coach is not overly complicated. It’s to get our athletes stronger and in return, we’re going to get further ability to increase performance.”~Sean Skahan
• Hockey Injury Studies (3:15)
• Shoulders: Injury, Correction, Training (5:40)
• Knees: Injury, Correction, Training (12:10)
• Concussions & Neck Strengthening (14:35)
• Groins (16:50)
• FMS Trends & Corrections (19:50)
• Strength & Conditioning (24:00)
• Last Season’s Injuries (28:10)
Sean Skahan is a 10-year strength and conditioning coach for the Anaheim Ducks and is responsible for the S&C program for the Ducks hockey players. He has a masters in kinesiology, is a CSCS, RKC, and holds certifications from NSCA and USA Weightlifting. You can keep up with him at seanskahan.com, or his hockey site, hockeysc.com.