Training College Athletes – Training High School Athletes – Strength Coach for College Athletes
Training the Mind
Coaches and trainers are always looking for a better way to improve programs for their athletes and clients. This is important, but Brijesh Patel wants to dig a little deeper. In this lecture, he’ll tell you how to make your program better without gimmicks or fancy equipment, but with good old-fashioned hard work, discipline and accountability.
“Our job as strength and conditioning coaches is to first and foremost reduce the chance of injury. The second goal is to build better athletes by training all parameters of sports performance: speed, strength, power, flexibility, mobility, stability, quickness, reaction, conditioning. The third goal is to educate our athletes about training, nutrition and recovery.” ~Brijesh Patel
• Creatures of Habit (3:35)
• Aspects of Mental Toughness (4:40)
• The “I Generation” (8:25)
• Champions (11:20)
• The Autonomic Nervous System (12:55)
• Military Preparation (14:20)
• Can Mental Toughness be Taught (17:55)
• Creating a Positive Environment (21:40)
• A Variety of Training Methods (26:55)
• Make the Athlete a Better Person (31:45)
Brijesh Patel is the head strength and conditioning coach at Quinnipiac University, and is the founder of SB Coaches College. He’s a regular speaker at strength and conditioning workshops and seminars, where he talks about strength training, coaching, nutrition and food supplementation. For much more from Brijesh, visit at sbcoachescollege.com.