Dan John Before We Go – Dan John Never Let Go Sequel – Latest Dan John Book
An Ongoing Philosophy of Lifting, Living and Learning
by Dan John
Foreword by TC Luoma. Cover image by Chip Conrad
If you’re looking for tested ideas to transform your training, this new Dan John book is for you.
Before We Go is a collection of some of Dan John’s best articles on all things training—covering programming, diet, fat loss, mass building, individual exercises, mobility, correctives, balancing training with life, and much more.
Having spent over 40 years coaching and training himself and others, there are few in the strength field who have Dan’s breadth of quality of experience.
Dan has tried everything, and the chapters of Before We Go share those insights he’s learned along the way so you don’t have to spend years discovering them for yourself.
This book will throw so many new ideas at you, you’ll likely have more than a few ‘eureka’ moments and be inspired to try them in your training right away.
Whether you’re stuck in a rut and are looking for something new to get you unstuck, or you’re looking for insights from a master coach that will help give you the edge you need in your sport, pick up Before We Go and learn from Dan John’s enormous wealth of wisdom.
Just one of the ideas inside could forever change the way you train.
Audiobook sample, narrated by Steven Oswalt
What’s Covered in Before We Go
Training for Busy People
Most people have full-time jobs, families and social lives to juggle with their training. In Before We Go, Dan gives practical help to those looking to get great results with limited time.
How do you continue to improve and get great results from your training? Dan gives some solid training and programming advice.
Need some workout ideas to reinvigorate your training? Try one of the many in Before We Go.
Diet & Nutrition
If you want to perform at your peak, make sure you pay attention to what you eat as well as how you train. Inside Dan John’s Before We Go, you’ll get practical diet and nutrition advice.
Need to lose a little (or a lot) of fat? You’ll find useful advice and tips inside Before We Go.
Whether you’re trying to build more armor to handle sporting collisions or simply trying to put a few pounds on your frame, you’ll find the tips you need to get bigger inside Before We Go.
Exercises & Training Tools
With over four decades of experience coaching and training athletes and everybody else, Dan has amassed a wealth of knowledge about training tools and exercises. Read Before We Go and pick up a few gems to change the way you train.
Mobility, flexibility and prehab
Want to move and feel better? There are many mobility, flexibility and prehab tips inside Before We Go.
And much more
- Two tips to help you sleep longer and improve the quality of your sleep. pg.128
- The five jackasses of fitness. pg.71
- The single greatest training tool you have for success. pg.88
- How much an Arnold Schwarznegger could snatch and clean and jerk. pg.139
- One of the worst kept secrets of Olympic sports. pg.143
- Dan John’s recommended reading list. pg.356
- The muscles responsible for good posture. pg.165
- Four ideas for group training. pg.259
- 10 tips to help you peak at competition. pg.287
- Nine tips for dedicated lifters. 279
- Five key principles for fitness professionals. pg.315
- Forty lessons learned the hard way from forty years of training. pg.323
- Four ways to fire up work capacity. pg.57
“Dan John has been in the lifting weights since about the history of recorded time. He’s seen it all, done it all, and tried it all. His knowledge and experience is encyclopaedic… coupled with his willingness to share that information with anybody who cares to show interest.”
Get Your Copy Today
If you’d like to access over 40 years of coaching and training wisdom, get Dan John’s book, Before We Go. In it you’ll find endless ideas, tips and insights on training that will change the way you train forever.
In addition to Before We Go, you’ll also get these exclusive On Target Publications bonuses—
- Chip Conrad: Sweet Chant of Frantic Power—a 46-minute MP3 audio recording, accompanied by a 13-page PDF transcript. Normally $5.95
- Dan John: A Philosophy of Strength Training DVD Excerpt—a MP4 video excerpt on the Hip Displacement Continuum from Dan John’s DVD, A Philosophy of Strength Training.
- Standards, Sample Warmups & Complexes—a 12-page PDF
Dr. Mark Cheng
Click the ORDER link below to buy your copy of Dan John’s Before We Go: An Ongoing Philosophy of Lifting, Living and Learning today.