by David Whitley
Deepening Your Getup Skills
Iron Tamer Kettlebell Video, David Whitley Video, Dave Whitley Kettlebell Drills
Single-hand pressing as well as Dave does allows him to teach it in a way that works for everyone. In this video, he’ll use the movements of the Turkish getup, the windmill and various bent press progressions to show you how to gain true strength that’s balanced from side to side.
Dave breaks down and demonstrates—
- ~ How to use the kettlebell as a tool to teach movement
- ~ The getup as the foundation for grinding kettlebell lifts
- ~ A step-by-step breakdown of the bent press
- ~ Bent press partner drills
- ~ Kneeling press drills
- ~ Bridging movements and needs
- ~ The armbar and the crooked armbar
- ~ How to safely boost your pressing ability
- ~ A thorough analysis of the getup
- ~ How the getup is fundamental to pressing movements
“If you appreciate the health and strength benefits of the kettlebell get-up, you will add another layer of sophistication to your practice with David Whitley’s Deepening Your Get-up Skills.”–Pavel Tsatsouline, author of Enter the Kettlebell!
Specifically, you’ll see:
- Sequence of the getup
- Discussion of the lats to the glutes
- Gait, the getup and bridging
- Palms, half-kneeling and windmill
- Mobility and stability in the getup
- The armbar
- The crooked arm bar
- The kneeling press
- The bent press
- The bent press partner drill
Dave also discusses mobility and stability needs of the getup, how to assess these, and how to gain more of both. You’ll learn how the lats and glutes work together, and how the getup resembles gait — and how to fix it when it doesn’t.
There are no reviews yet.