Home » Sophia Drysdale
Sophia McDermott Drysdale focuses on sharing her knowledge about health, fitness, training and BJJ with a spin on pregnancy. She strives to inspire and empower women and encourage them to follow their dreams through her training, competing, group classes and seminars. She is based in Las Vegas, where she teaches women's classes and self-defense classes. The first Australian woman to receive a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Sophia is a 4 x State, National, Pan Pacific and Pan American Champion, as well as a 2 x No Gi World Champion and a World Champion. Sophia has more than 15 years’ experience as a gymnastics coach, Jiu Jitsu teacher and personal trainer. She has worked with young and old, beginner and elite, and every different body type and fitness level imaginable. She is based in Las Vegas, where she teaches women's classes and self-defense classes. Click to learn more about Sophia’s work.
- Sophia McDermott Drysdale: Training Pregnant Clients — Beneficial Exercises
- Sophia McDermott Drysdale: Training Pregnant Clients—Avoid These Exercises
- Sophia McDermott Drysdale: A Trainer’s Guide to Pregnant Clients
- Sophia McDermott Drysdale: 6 Reasons Why ALL Women Should Perform Resistance Training
You can learn more from Sophia via her website, sophiafit.com.
- Glenn Pendlay American Weightlifting
- Gray Cook The Business of Movement
- Coaching Rules
- Attempts: Essays on Fitness, Health, Longevity and Easy Strength by Dan John
- RETRAIN SKILL AND PERFORMANCE TO ELEVATE PRODUCTION
- The Patterns of Global Movement
- Gray Cook: Foreword to The Business of Movement