Evan Osar: Corrective Exercise Essentials [Video]
Corrective exercise can be a confusing and controversial topic.
Some make corrective exercise the ‘be-all and end-all’ of their training programs, never incorporating the other elements that are needed to make progress.
Others dismiss corrective exercise altogether, thinking it to be ineffective, useless and merely another gimmick that will quickly fade away.
Like most things, however, the truth about corrective exercise lies somewhere in the middle.
In the following video, Dr. Evan Osar, a chiropractor and the author of Corrective Exercise Solutions to Common Shoulder and Hip Dysfunction and Integrative Corrective Exercise Approach covers some essentials about corrective exercise, including:
- What corrective exercise is and what it is not
- The 3 biggest myths surrounding corrective exercise
- Myth #1: “Just get clients moving. Stop focusing on corrective exercise and trying to achieve perfection.”
- Myth #2: “Your client, group exerciser or athlete doesn’t need to know anatomy and biomechanics. You just need to focus on training them.”
- Myth #3: “Corrective exercise inhibits a person from getting stronger.”
- The golden rules of corrective exercise
- How to incorporate corrective exercise into your current programs using 3 simple steps
- Sample programming incorporating corrective and progressive exercise patterns
If you’re new to corrective exercise or are confused by the conflicting opinions you’ve heard, watch this video and learn how to use corrective exercise successfully in your programming:
If you’d like to learn Evan Osar’s systematic approach to corrective exercise, you’ll love his comprehensive online course Integrative Corrective Exercise Approach.
In this package Evan covers the principles behind postural and movement dysfunction, corrective exercise and good program design.
Quality video demonstration of techniques and exercises using real people makes everything easy to understand. Evan gives plenty of cues and tells you what to look out for as your clients conduct each drill, assessment and exercise, so you’re never left wondering what to do.
He also gives three detailed case studies to help you see exactly how to apply principles to real-world situations.
Evan Osar’s Integrative Corrective Exercise Approach is perfect for fitness professionals who want to learn about the underlying causes of postural and movement dysfunction, and how to use corrective exercise and smart program design to build an effective and practical training program that improves posture and movement.
This course is approved for .9 CEUs from both NSCA and NASM.
If you’d like to read our full review of Evan’s course and the special On Target Publication’s bonuses available when you purchase through our exclusive link, click here.
Don’t forget to email the receipt to us at firstname.lastname@example.org once you’re done. Once we confirm that you’ve bought through our special On Target Publications link, we’ll set up your bonuses.