Let me give you a taste of Perform Better Long Beach 2012
What a fabulous trip to Perform Better! The filming went without flaw, thanks to the great talent of Gray Cook, Lee Burton and Thom Plummer, with Dan John, Mark Cheng, Chris Poirier and Brad Hartman kicking in, and due to the skills of the team from David Robin Films. I still can’t find anything on my desk, the voicemail remains unattended and the to-do list of brand new and super fun ideas is untouched. But what the heck, let’s look at some pictures.
Yes, they did do that do him coming home from an east coast Perform Better trip.
I never did find out how long Lee and Gray waited in those suits before Brad wandered by.
Heard around the convention center:
- “The more you cook, the better you’ll look.” ~Chris Mohr
- “Women lose strength slower than men. One lift with intensity every 10 days can maintain strength levels.” ~Brandon Marcello
- “The physiology of the human being is not debatable.” ~Kelly Starrett
- “If your ankle is locked, your glute won’t fire.” ~Lee Burton
- “Pick stuff up. Put stuff overhead. Carry stuff for distance.” ~Dan John
- “Loss of centration in one joint leads to loss of centration in every other joint.” ~Charlie Weingroff
- “You can only accelerate as fast as you can decelerate.” ~Jason Glass
- “You have to present challenge in training so you don’t get too efficient.” ~Nick Winkelman
- “Stability is a launching pad for power production.” ~Craig Liebenson
- “I’ll never quit training. These beat-up joints are held together by muscle.” ~ Odd Haugen
- “Specialize in something — kill a category.” ~Thom Plummer
- “Mobility is one marker that’s not considered age-related. It doesn’t have to get worse.” ~Gray Cook
- “Don’t confuse pain and soreness for productivity.” ~Martin Rooney
And of course, we can’t skip over this one:
“I see a lot of people use the Paleo diet as an excuse to eat bacon for every meal. That’s a bit much.” ~Chris Mohr
“Crunching on carrots in a Gray Cook session is fun.” ~Clifton Harski
Or the redneck tee-shirt siting:
“Row faster, I hear banjo music,” seen on the guy from southern Virginia… you know the one I mean…
Your friendly twitter team collected more great quotes for you — you can grab a copy of them here: Perform Better Long Beach Presenter Quotes.
Wonder how they can get everybody moving without sending anyone to the hospital? They’re pros!
NEVER MISS ANOTHER POST!
Subscribe below and we'll send great articles to your email box. Includes FREE access to our OTP Vault of material from experts in the field.